Here I Go Again

So here I am... Another glorious year in the amazing Yellowstone National Park! It will be interesting to see what the summer of 2010 season brings, especially after a record breaking season last year (1.2 million people just in the month of July alone.)

I moved to Norris the Sunday before training began. This year training was extended to a full five day period and just like always I was overwhelmed... but in a good way. I am so amazed with the opportunities I am given while working here, and training week is no exception to that. I have the honor, with all the rest of the interpretive staff from the park, of listening to guest speakers who are truly the best in the world. Such people would include:

Hank Helser (YNP Geologist)


Paul Schullery (YNP Author)

Doug Smith (YNP Wolf Biologist)


Jake Lowenstrom (YVO Geologist)


Lee Whittelsey (YNP Historian)
To be offered training by these folks is truly amazing.  Many of this folks, actually all of them, have been featured in films about Yellowstone National Park.  Great people to learn from!

I feel so blessed every day to be chosen to be one of few who will ever get the chance to be a National Park Ranger in the world's first national park... What an honor!

We will see what the summer holds ahead! Wish me luck!!!

Comments

Popular Posts