Step One: Get Hired

As of last week I will officially be spending my fall, winter, and early spring in Custer, South Dakota working as a National Park Ranger at Jewel Cave National Monument. My job will entail giving cavern tours, leading hikes, and going into local schools and doing park outreach to the community. I think this is a great opportunity and will hopefully be a wonderful experience.

I am hoping my love for caves and bats will help me to feel right at home with this job. Who would have thought that my days as a tour guide at Lewis & Clark Caverns right out of high school would lead me to this? I am so happy that this opportunity has come along.

It will be interesting to see how this position affects my personal life as home is, and will always be, in Montana. But at least I am still in the western United States and will be doing interpretation, which I love to do and like to think I am somewhat good at.

This blog will help me help to keep track of memories and moments made at Jewel Cave... Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts