Anxiously Waiting

So, here it is, almost midnight and I am staying up late to anxiously await the arrival of my guests!  That's right, I have folks coming from Montana to come visit me here in the Black Hills, and I couldn't be happier.  It's so nice to have a little bit of 'home' come and visit me.  I am lucky enough to have six visitors; former Lewis & Clark Cavern's co-workers and friends:


 




and
My best friend since middle school, Carmen, who actually was a tour guide at Lewis & Clark Cavern's some of the same years I was.  We became friends because of our deep admiration for 'Lord of the Rings.'

Carmen has been there for me so much in my life, whether it be our first senior kegger together, our trip to the east coast, working together at Lewis & Clark Caverns, being a person I can get guidance from, and etc.  I do not give her all the kudos she truly deserves, she really is the best friend anyone could have... and I am so stinking stoked that her and all these other AMAZING people are going to be here in less than an hour!  So EXCITED!

As much as I am excited to see them though, there is still something about the Black Hills, and especially Custer, SD that I love.  I don't think their presence will convince me to go back home anytime soon.  I always told myself growing up that I either wanted to live in Alaska, Colorado, or stay in Montana.  Well, I think I really want to give this a shot, living out here that is.  At least for a little while.  I think I would regret going home and not giving it a shot out here, I really am fond of this place.  Slowly but surely I am becoming a part of the community, making great friends, and meeting amazing people.  Things really do come in your life when you least expect them.  Never did I think I would come out here and want to stay out here, but here I am...  A new beginning; a new chapter to my life.

I will have to keep you posted on all the awesomeness that occurs over this weekend with my guests, and will have to update everybody with all the fun things I have been keeping myself occupied with!  Watch out SD here comes the Montana folks!

Comments

  1. Amanda, you are a truly awesome friend, and I was so glad I got to see you this weekend. It was great to see you having fun and really loving the Black Hills. However, I wish I was able to see you more often. Thanks for the great weekend and for being such a wonderful person and friend.
    ~Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts