A Time to Reflect

I have step foot in Montana once again for the first time in five months, and this place has never looked more amazing!  My adventure to Montana started late last night as I departed from Custer, SD at about 5:30 pm.  The trip home was no short trek and I had my detours.  I found myself getting into Billings, MT around midnight and my eyes were becoming very heavy.  I made the decision to pull a 'truck driver' and pull into a Flying J Truck Stop parking lot and sleep for a couple of hours in the car.  There was very little sleep as I woke up on a regular basis to make sure my car doors were locked and was just on edge.  When 4 am hit I decided to finish up the trip, and I finished the journey and arrived at home in Whitehall at 7 am.  Whew, I am so happy that trip is over... for now; as I will once again have to make that long trek next week.

Now that I am in Montana I am taking this valuable time to evaluate my life.  As I have now distanced myself from Custer I have the space I need to breathe and hopefully figure things out.  I absolutely love the time I have spent in Custer, well most of it at least.  I just wish I had things were just a little more solid in my life so I wasn't acting like a crazy college kid.



Overall though the times here have been great!  Last week my friends Rene, Lee-Gray, Brandi, and my friend from Montana - Rob climbed up to the Custer sign.  If you're wondering what the Custer sign is it slightly resembles something like the famous Hollywood sign.  We headed out for our hike at 6 pm and were able to get up to the top of the hill pretty quickly.  When we reached the top of the hill we all broke up into groups to find where the Custer sign was located.  Brandi and Lee-Gray headed high and looked for a route around the backside of the hill, I have no idea where Rob went, and Rene and myself decided to cut across downward and then climb up some granite outcroppings and we were the first there.  We waited about ten minutes before we even saw anyone else, which was Brandi and Lee-Gray who were up across where we were on a granite summit.  Finally everyone met and made it to the Custer sign.  We "ohhhhed" and "ahhhhed" and about 10 minutes later the sign lit up, it was really cool!

I have had many wonderful great adventures and have met some of the most amazing people out here.  I will have to embellish more on these adventures another night as once again my eyes are starting to become very heavy...

Comments

Popular Posts