Bright Side Of Life

I made a decision to stay out here and I need to make the best of it... do I think it was the right move to make? Who knows. 

Life is about becoming a better and stronger person and the only way to do that is by making mistakes; learning, and growing from them.  That of course being so much easier said then done, but really when you think about it life is just too short to not be happy with yourself.  Everyone deserves to be happy and unfortunately in this materialistic world many times we try to find our happiness from 'things' or by how we think other people perceive us.  But none of those things can actually make us happy, we can only be happy when we love the person we are. 

We grow up being taught to always put others before ourselves and there is nothing wrong with that unless it gets to a point where it consumes your life.  Being a people pleaser gives you no room to even take time to care for yourself because you're always so worried about how others feel.  But it's our life don't we deserve to be happy too?

If someone were to ask who the three most important people in your life were, who would they be?  I know when I answer that question I can easily think of the three or four people... but then take a second to think, are you on the list?  Shouldn't you be one of the most important people in your lives?  It isn't until you love yourself that others will love you too, because if you can't even love yourself why would others love you?  

It may seem selfish to say putting yourself first is a priority but you have to accept yourself for who you are and love that.  I know one of my biggest issues is over analyzing everything and not allowing myself to forgive myself for petty little things.  Well if God is willing to forgive me for the things I do wrong, then why can't I forgive myself?  Am I better than God?  No way.

It's funny being a human and having the power to rationalize everything yet sometimes it can be our own worst enemy.  I personally have recently taken it upon myself to look at the "bright side of life".  I'm not saying acting like nothing bothers me, because that is just unrealistic, but taking situations and trying to see the best in them.


Unfortunately I had a really awful night last night and it's just something I wish I wouldn't have had to be a part of.  As the night went on it just kept getting worse and I tried in every way to see where the lesson was I needed to learn from this situation but I was so frustrated that my thinking seemed clouded and I just wanted the night to end, as it kept dragging on and on.  I found comfort in the one person I know who is always there for me (even if it was midnight) my mother.  Who without her guidance, and the comfort of a friend who has recently moved away, I don't know how I would have been able to handle the situations of last night.  

As I begin a journey to take time for myself and discover who I really am, of course there are going to be struggles along the way.  I am no different than anyone else and we all have our hurdles we have to jump.  Through this analyzing of my life and these situations that occur you find out more about yourself than you would ever imagine.

I am absolutely no better than anyone I know, I'm just headed down a different path than a lot of people.  I'm a good person and it's taken me a long time to realize that, I deserve a good life (who doesn't, we all do, I don't wish an ill life upon anyone), and I'm working on loving the person I am. 

I've been pretty good at getting what I work for.  I have a strong work ethic and I'm incredibly reliable... now the question is what is it in my life that I want to work towards getting.  Just another journey... and for now last night is behind me and it was a learning lesson in which I relaized I need to make changes.  As the band Whitesnake once said...

"Here I Go Again..."

Comments

Popular Posts