The Storm
Another night spent on the Wind Cave Prairie…
The crackling and booming of thunderous clouds echo
throughout the small valley in which I reside.
I perch myself a top a small hillside and watch the landscape and
skyline meet one another. I feel that I
am attending one of nature’s greatest shows… a prairie disco.
As light flashes from the sky I see the silhouettes of
Ponderosa Pine Trees before me, and just for a moment the secrets of the dark
are revealed. Mother Nature has given us
the light show we all so desired yesterday on America’s birthday.
With the occurrence of the storm I stop to think of how
little control we have as humans. We’ve
built incredible structures, we’ve been to other planets, and have even started
to find the cures to cancers but with all of these accomplishments we have no
way to control the force of nature. With
both the beauty and destruction that comes from it, nature will always have the
upper hand.
The winds are beginning to blow and the prairie grasses
ripple across the ground having wave-like characteristics and an ocean-like
feel. There is no silence, there is no
darkness, and nothing is still.
The rain is beginning to fall harder, the light has become
brighter, and the noise is becoming louder.
Although the storm demonstrates such thrilling force it brings such
serenity. I am listening to the greatest
music composition performed by the most heavenly orchestra.
There is no lack of activity on this ‘lil ‘ole prairie…
There is so much to take in and learn from this magical event. Life too hands us our fair share of storms; the
moments that seem dark, destructive, and overwhelming but within those troubling
times there is also moments of light that bring new meaning, and like each
storm they soon all come to pass. We are
left with scars from the fires started by the storms in our lives, but after
the passing of each storm there is hope in the days ahead.
The light slowly begins to fade and it becomes more pattern
like. Instead of bright flashes lines of
electricity zigzag through the hazy atmosphere; I feel as if I were in the
heart of Mordor preparing for the great battle of Middle Earth. With all imagination aside the storm slowly
starts to reside as I can now hear the thunder starting to roll off into the
hills beyond me.
Good night storm, until next time!



Comments
Post a Comment